Some time ago I was noticing certain patterns of behaviour that I didn’t feel happy with, so I decided to come up with a list of advice that I would read everyday to help me in my everyday living. I would like to share it with you today.
I wrote this about four years ago. Since I was a little girl I’ve been writing in journals, some I’ve kept some I got read of, but the piece of advice I’ll be sharing with you was found in one of my journals dating back to the year 2000.
And Here it is:
- Don’t let anyone take your freedom away, maintain your integrity.
- Don’t change, because of other people be ‘Always yourself’.
- Do unto others what you would like to be done unto you. Remember to be fair bearing in mind that what you sow, you shall also reap & that everything we do in this life comes back to us, one way or another.
- Don’ let someone else’s mistake be yours. They have the problem not you let them deal with it. While you remain untouched by their discrimination, prejudice, ignorance or whatever wrong pattern of behaviour.
- Above all things be true to yourself ‘Always!’
- Don’t do (never) what you are not comfortable with learn to say ‘NO’ when is necessary be firm and energetic.
- Be clear about what you want, give clear instructions, ask clear questions.
- Don’t jump to conclusions.
- Don’t try to read someone else’s silence or body language if they have something to say they will say it and then you can respond accordingly.
- No matter where you are or who you are with, always remember who you are: (and here you can make a list of all the attributes who make you who you are.)
- Love yourself without reservation, talk to yourself positively (in your mind and audibly) value and respect yourself. Remember that our emotions and moods are magnetic.
- Reject negative vibes from/of people, welcome all the positive ones.
SMILE & BE HAPPY!